[twill] I wish the exception strings had a little more detail

Matthew Wilson matt at tplus1.com
Mon Dec 24 09:39:31 PST 2007

Twill is really great software.  I have one tiny complaint.  I wish that
the error messages for a few commands were more explicit.

For example, I really like how twill.commands.code shows the actual code
along with the code I am testing for:

    >> code 500

    ERROR: code is 200 != 500

    current page: http://localhost:8181/

I wish something similar happened with twill.commands.url, sort of like
this:

    >> url /aaa

    ERROR: current url (http://localhost:8181/) does not match '/aaa'

Also, is there a command that just shows the current url?

I'm posting this because I might be using twill in some goofy manner and
I am missing the point.

Again, twill is great.

Matt

--
Programming, economics, gardening, life in Cleveland.
http://blog.tplus1.com