[twill] I wish the exception strings had a little more detail

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Mon Dec 24 10:42:26 PST 2007

On Mon, Dec 24, 2007 at 05:39:31PM +0000, Matthew Wilson wrote:
-> Twill is really great software.  I have one tiny complaint.  I wish that
-> the error messages for a few commands were more explicit.
->
-> For example, I really like how twill.commands.code shows the actual code
-> along with the code I am testing for:
->
->     >> code 500
->
->     ERROR: code is 200 != 500
->
->     current page: http://localhost:8181/
->
-> I wish something similar happened with twill.commands.url, sort of like
-> this:
->
->     >> url /aaa
->
->     ERROR: current url (http://localhost:8181/) does not match '/aaa'
->
-> Also, is there a command that just shows the current url?
->
-> I'm posting this because I might be using twill in some goofy manner and
-> I am missing the point.
->
-> Again, twill is great.

Hey Matt, thanks for the compliments ;).

echo __url__ will show the URL, which is a bit magicky ;(.

I'll update twill with your suggested error message, thanks!