[twill] [wwwsearch-general] : forgot ``seek(0)'' in mechanize ``RobustFactory.set_response()''?

John J Lee jjl at pobox.com
Mon Dec 17 14:07:51 PST 2007

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007, Arnaud Fontaine wrote:
> Luis Bruno reported a bug on Twill Debian package: ``showforms'' command
> doesn't  work in Twill  Debian package  ATM.  This  bug happens  only in
> Debian package because I (as the Twill Debian package maintainer) remove
> the installation of customized  version of mechanize and clientform from
> Twill module in favor of  depending on official mechanize and clientform
> modules.

Hmm.  Seems that Debian is at fault for not spotting the fact that twill's
mechanize is a patched version.  The mechanize code here is very obscure,
but not actually incorrect, I think.

> Titus patched ClientForm in Twill module:

I'm not planning to change either mechanize 0.1 or ClientForm 0.2 here.
See this earlier discussion:

http://lists.idyll.org/pipermail/twill/2007-June/000703.html

John