[TIP] [nose-users] nose --with-xunit mis-counting tests and missing test failures

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Jan 10 04:45:58 PST 2012

Hi Jason,

On 09/01/2012 14:25, jason pellerin wrote:
> But if the xml output matches what jenkins is seeing, that suggests
> that the xunit plugin isn't seeing most of the tests, which I'd guess
> would be due to some part of the pretty complex case wrapping that
> nose does not being there for some reason. Either the nose runner or
> result or contextSuite or test case wrapper is somehow not in place,
> due to something about the way tests are run or the project under
> test. That's my best guess, at least.

If you fancy replicating it, the git repo in question is here:

https://github.com/Simplistix/testfixtures

Once you have a checkout, to reproduce:

python bootstrap.py
bin/buildout
bin/nosetests --with-xunit

I suspect some interaction with the nose_fixes package, the source of
which lives here:

https://github.com/cjw296/nose_fixes

cheers,

Chris