[TIP] Python GUI testing

Geoff Bache geoff.bache at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 13:35:31 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I was about to post an announcement about a new release of my Python
GUI test tool PyUseCase but then thought that previous ones haven't
generated any response so I would ask a question instead. You can
always read the announcement on python-announce...

Does anyone here write GUIs (rich clients) in Python at all? More to
the point, does anyone attempt to do any testing through the GUI or
are you happy just testing the underlying layers?

There don't seem to be too many Python GUI test tools around. I wonder
why this is?

Regards,
Geoff