[TIP] Suppressing Deprecated and Skipped Test Warning and messages from nosetests

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 09:09:38 PDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 2:15 PM, Kamal Ahmed <kamal2222ahmed at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to supress the output from nosetests so that NO Deprecated or
> Skipped Tests will be listed in the stdout

Hi Kamal.
Do you mean deprecated warnings?  You can filter those out with the
warnings module: http://docs.python.org/library/warnings.html  The
skipped tests should just show up non-intrusively as S with
non-verbose output.  There isn't an out-of-the-box way to disable that
but you could create a custom SkipTest plugin that inherits from the
one in nose.plugins and just ignores those tests entirely (I would not
recommend this -- maybe just delete the tests? :)).

Also, feel free to start discussions on the nose-users list where you
may get more answers: http://groups.google.com/group/nose-users/