[TIP] Performance Tests

Julius B. Lucks julius at younglucks.com
Thu Aug 23 06:26:47 PDT 2007

Hi All,

I am writing a web service server with SOAP/WSDL in python using the
Zolera Soap Infrastructure module (ZSI - http://
pywebsvcs.sourceforge.net/).  I have a stub implementation of my
service up and running with unittests covering the functionality of
the service.  Now I want to create some performance tests/benchmarks
so that I can get an idea of the resources the service is requiring,
and compare it to future versions.

What is the best way to do these performance tests?  Time my
unittests? Profile a set of calls on the service, and record the
timings? Should I seperately do tests on the backend, and backend
+SOAP messaging?  Are there any tools for this?

I appreciate any tips.

Cheers,

Julius

Please Reply to My Permanent Address: julius at younglucks.com