[TIP] ANN: kNose 1.1, the Python unit testing extension for Komodo IDE/Edit
bcorfman at fastmail.fm
Mon Aug 13 19:51:50 PDT 2007
This release of kNose fixes several bugs with parsing nose output, and I
hope it solves all the problems that have been reported.
Thanks to Christoph Zwerschke and Arnar Birgisson for their help with
testing, use cases and patch submissions.
* Added -v option when calling out to nose so that verbose output is
returned in all cases, and parsing works correctly.
* Scan URIs for the word 'test' before they are passed to nose to
increase speed and avoid additional confusion in parsing.
* Changed parsing for test names to use regular expressions for
speed and more robust behavior.
* Improved parsing to handle classes derived from unittest.TestCase
You can download it here at http://mysite.verizon.net/bcorfman/knose.html
kNose is my attempt to make Python unit testing in Komodo as simple as
possible. It's a GUI front-end for the excellent nose framework written
by Jason Pellerin.
* First-class integration into Komodo, your Python IDE of choice.
(You are using it, aren't you?)
* Run tests manually or automatically.
* Green/red bar, plus a tree view, informs you of the status of your
* Ability to jump straight to a failing test at the offending line
* All exception traceback information available for debugging.
More information about the testing-in-python