[TIP] Performance Tests

Sylvain Hellegouarch sh at defuze.org
Thu Aug 23 06:37:59 PDT 2007

Depending on your requirements, you may use expensive tools like
LoadRunner from HP (formerly Mercury) but be ready to spit the cash.

More seriously, there are several tools that do a decent job in that
field for free, such as WebLoad [1] or Tsung[2]. I personally like
Funkload [3] as you design your performance tests as glorified unit
tests and funkload does the job of  measuring, monitoring and gathering
data. Simplistic but great to a quick load/perf. test mockup I think.

[1] http://www.webload.org/
[2] http://www.process-one.net/en/tsung/
[3] http://funkload.nuxeo.org/

- Sylvain