[socal-piggies] PWC Project - MOVED to bitbucket.org/socal.piggies/pwc/

Silfheed silfheed at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 15:48:22 PST 2010

Heyas Grig

I think your right in that you dont need step 2.  Essentially that command
makes a copy of code-snippets to code-snippets-gg and if you do hg push in
code-snippets-gg, it will still push to the socal.piggies/code-snippets/
repo.

If you want your own repo separate from the socal.piggies/code-snippets that
you can push to without the code being pushed to
socal.piggies/code-snippets, you would use the fork command at the top of
the repo overview page just below the Admin tab.  This will create a copy of
the code-snippets repo in your bitbucket account (griggheo) from which you
would then call the clone command on your machine ( $ hg clone
https://griggheo@bitbucket.org/griggheo/code-snippets/<http://bitbucket.org/socal.piggies/code-snippets/>).

Then after you are ready to add your code to the socal.piggies repo, you
would then use 'pull request' to let the socal.piggie user know that your
repo is ready to be merged into the socal.piggies repo.

Again, I'm assuming a lot of this is similar to github.

Luke