[socal-piggies] PWC Project - MOVED to bitbucket.org/socal.piggies/pwc/

Grig Gheorghiu grig.gheorghiu at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 15:06:49 PST 2010

I added a tornado_utils subdirectory with the tornado_service_mgr.py
file I showed at the last meeting. Here are the commands I used, for
reference:

1) Cloned repository to a local directory on my laptop:

$ hg clone https://griggheo@bitbucket.org/socal.piggies/code-snippets/

(this created a code-snippets directory which was initially empty)

2) Cloned this repository to another local copy, so I can make
modifications in my local clone:

$ hg clone code-snippets  code-snippets-gg

3) Created directory and file inside my new repository:

$ cd code-snippets-gg
$ mkdir tornado_utils
$ cp /from/somewhere/tornado_service_mgr.py tornado_utils

4) Added directory and file to the repository and committed my changes:

$ hg add tornado_utils
$ hg commit (at this point I was prompted for a commit message)

5) Pushed my changes back to the central repository at bitbucket,org
(note that my current directory was code-snippets-gg at this point):

$ hg push https://griggheo@bitbucket.org/socal.piggies/code-snippets/

I'm not sure if step 2 was absolutely necessary. Maybe just creating a
new directory/file inside code-snippets, then pushing the changes back
to bitbucket would have been enough. I'm still getting used to
mercurial.

Grig