[socal-piggies] PWC Project

Silfheed silfheed at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 18:25:15 PST 2010

Heys, so I've checked in a quick spike I did on the tornado web server.
It's all pretty straight forward and based on the documentation on the
tornado page.  The hardest part was getting the testing stuff setup, but I
found out how to do it on the tornado mailing list.

I also tried out pulling from different forks, which essentially consists
of:
$hg pull -u path-to-other-repo

Apparently at this point, mercurial will let you know if any merging needs
to be done (which is covered in the mercurial
book<http://hgbook.red-bean.com/read/a-tour-of-mercurial-merging-work.html>),
but I didn't setup any conflicting code to see how it would work.

I suppose the next step is setting up milestones etc in pivotal
tracker<http://www.pivotaltracker.com/>and then a redis spike (tho I
suppose it should have been setting up
milestones, then spikes).

Anyone want to do those?  Comments?  Criticisms about the path hack?

Luke