[socal-piggies] Python contract opportunity in Newport Beach

Grig Gheorghiu grig.gheorghiu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 14:31:04 PDT 2010

FYI

===================================

This is 12 month contract and is located in Newport Beach.

Any experience with in the finance industry is a plus.

*Functional Job Title*: Python Developer (4 positions)* *

*Location*: Newport Beach

*Qualifications: *

* *

   - 3+ years of Python programming on Linux/Unix platform; recent (2007)
   required
   - Programming skills building forms, lay-outs, charts, and graphing
   required
   - Designing, coding, and testing web based applications preferred.
   - Strong organizational, oral and written communications skills
   - High energy/self starter with the ability to work independently within
   the firm*s demanding and highly focused environment**

  *Notes:*

* *

   - We are seeking a Python programmer with web-based development
   experience to assist with developing web based applications. The successful
   candidate should have excellent Python programming skills (with web
   development and dynamically generated charts/plots in particular) and
   working knowledge of Linux/UNIX Shell Scripts and SQL. Knowledge of Python
   integration with C/C++ - a definite plus.
   - Selected candidate will be working with our Advisory trade desk to
   develop and enhance applications used by Fixed Income Portfolio Management.
   You will assist in the design, construction and enhancement of the company
   applications used. Qualified candidates must possess a four-year college
   degree with a preferred major in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or
   other technical/IT degree. A strong familiarity with Python on Linux; recent
   (2007) experience is required. Knowledge with web technologies including
   Apache, JavaScript/AJAX, CSS, HTML, designing, coding, and testing web based
   applications a plus. Programming experience in C++ is also a plus.
   - Our selected individual must be a team player, be self-motivated, and
   have excellent verbal communication skills. In addition, the ability to
   project manage and work within a team environment will be critical to being
   successful in this role. Experience in the Securities industry, preferably
   Fixed Income is a plus.**

  * *

Eric De Los Prados

Technical Recruiter

Pinpoint Resource Group

*Office 310.356.8123 x 125 *

*Fax 310.868.0663*

*Email: *eric at pinpoint.jobs

*Website: *www.pinpoint.jobs

Precise • Results • Guaranteed

*We excel in hard to fill and specialized searches, including direct-hire,
contract, contract-to-hire and confidential replacements.***