[socal-piggies] Proposed next meeting: Thursday July 13th at USC, 7 PM

Greg Abbas greg at abbas.org
Fri Jul 14 00:40:07 PDT 2006

Thanks Steve.

Regarding Python versus Ruby, I suppose I owe you an answer if I'm
going to be putting snide remarks in my slides :-). To tell the
truth, I don't really have an informed opinion on the subject, I just
like kidding about it. I learned Python before I had ever heard of
Ruby, and I've never really had a reason to put in the effort to
learn Ruby. Maybe I'm reluctant because Ruby syntax seems a bit
cryptic, which reminds me of how much I dislike Perl. But in any
case, I guess I like that Python seems to be getting used in a
variety of applications (including motion picture visual effects),
not just Rails.

BTW here are the slides I used this evening:

http://gregabbas.com/socal-piggies/2006-07-13/Slides.html
http://gregabbas.com/socal-piggies/2006-07-13/Slides.pdf

and here are the URLs I mentioned:

http://www.djangoproject.com/