[socal-piggies] Proposed next meeting: Thursday July 13th at USC, 7 PM

Steve Wedig stevewedig at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 23:52:23 PDT 2006

Hello,

Thanks for the talks today, I enjoyed them both!

I forgot to ask this at the meeting: why is python better than ruby?
I've read pickaxe and so forth and I like python better, but I'd
appreciate learning why you all like python better.

Also, here are the keynotes for RailsConf. Martin Fowler's is good, he
talks about general concepts more than ruby specific. He also briefly
talks about why he switched from Python to Ruby. It seems to boil down
to ruby being more similar to smalltalk, his old friend.

http://blog.scribestudio.com/pages/rails/

- Steve