[pygr-notify] Issue 69 in pygr: Make megatests more portable

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Mon Mar 30 21:13:47 PDT 2009

Updates:
	Labels: -reviewby-deepreds reviewby-the.good.doctor.is.in

Comment #12 on issue 69 by marecki: Make megatests more portable
http://code.google.com/p/pygr/issues/detail?id=69

Right, since it was Namshin who posted the last patch I guess I am the
reviewer now.

1. ConfigParser fix:
Namshin is right about using os.path.join(), os.path.expanduser() doesn't
automatically convert path separators - which is funny, because I nicked
that
particular bit of code from official Python documentation :-) (see the code
example
for RawConfigParser.read() at
http://docs.python.org/library/configparser.html).
However:
  - as one can see at http://docs.python.org/library/os.path.html ,
os.path.expanduser
() is recommended for determining home-directory path because it can handle
cases
other than querying $HOME;
  - adding an exception handler for non-existent $HOME variable, while
necessary when
reading os.environ, is a bit redundant here because it means having two
separate
calls to ConfigParser.read() - which is not necessary with
os.path.expanduser() even
if the home directory cannot be determined for some reason
(ConfigParser.read()
quietly skips over bad paths).

Attached you will find a modified version of Namshin's patch, nominating it
for
inclusion as soon as somone (i.e. Titus or Chris, since both Namshin and I
are now
not objective code-wise) signs it off.

2. Running-time check
A very useful addition, except it has nothing to do with portability of
megatests :-)
I'm about to create a new issue for it, with Namshin as owner and me as
reviewer.

Attachments:
	0001-Results-of-Namshin-s-review-of-megatest-portability.patch  5.5 KB
	0002-Guess-what-forgotten-to-pass-b-to-runtest.py-AGAIN.patch  841 bytes