[cse491] Homework 2 question

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Sat Sep 19 21:05:14 PDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 09:33:11AM -0400, Lisa Anne Kelly wrote:
> On homework 2, part 4, in the python script, should we use
> cgi.FieldStorage() to take in values from the form, or is there
> another way that does not require us to put the script into our cgi
> directory and import CGI?

Hi Lisa,

for part 5, you don't need to actually run the code as part of a CGI;
just write the function.  I'll run 'jinja2_form.process(...)' to check
out your code.

That's not to say you shouldn't check that your code works, but you can
do that without making it part of a CGI script -- just run it as a
command-line script, for example, or import it and test it manually.

cheers,
C. Titus Brown, ctb at msu.edu