[bip] Sequence Manipulation

Nathan Harmston iwanttobeabadger at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 30 07:18:35 PDT 2007

Hi,

On the wiki one of the items in the cookbook is to:

"Module to perform sequence maniplations, ie. reverse complement,
DNA->RNA, RNA->protein, etc. "

So.....I m guessing a tutorial using BioPython might be useful
here.....maybe some links to the BioPython tutorials page need to be
added.

Or.....
If this was to be written from scratch then I think that a bip
Sequence class would have to be defined....does anyone one have any
ideas on this and how it could/should be implemented.

Or.....
Should the sequence manipulation examples just be enginneered to work
using a simple string?

Any ideas/pointers appreciated?

Thanks

Nathan

(Just thinking, not promises on the timelines)