[bip] License - was Re: domain name for community site

Chris Lasher chris.lasher at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 11:36:59 PDT 2007

On 8/22/07, Andrew Dalke <dalke at dalkescientific.com> wrote:
> Me, I'm an MIT license fan.  The Creative Commons "Attribution Unported"
> seems to be the closest match, but the text is impenetrable.

I, too, like the CC Attribution 3.0 Unported license except for this clause:

"""
Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by
the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they
endorse you or your use of the work).
""""

We have to manually specify how to attribute the work? Does writing a
blanket attribution clause to a community-contribution work, or do we
have to create a derivative license to do that?

Chris