[twill] documentation mismatch?

iain duncan iainduncan at telus.net
Wed Nov 21 12:08:48 PST 2007

On Wed, 2007-21-11 at 10:31 -0800, bruce wrote:
> len(list(showlinks()))

Thank Bruce, I knew about that trick ( I mentioned flattening the
generator ), I just thought the command reference of the docs should
correctly indicate what is returned ( Generator not list ), or it should
return an object implementing the remaining list interfaces ( len, [] ).
As it is, one of the first things I tried was to get the link object by
subscripting with [] and the length with len, and then had to go and
figure out in the shell why that didn't work. Minor inconvenience, but
still a less than optimal user experience that could be avoided by a
quick correction in the docs.

Thanks for the hard work Titus! I'm really looking forward to the growth
of Twill, it's great to have one tool I can use for simple automated
browsing with or without the test harness. =)

Iain