[twill] documentation mismatch?

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Wed Nov 21 14:21:54 PST 2007

On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 12:08:48PM -0800, iain duncan wrote:
-> On Wed, 2007-21-11 at 10:31 -0800, bruce wrote:
-> > len(list(showlinks()))
->
-> Thank Bruce, I knew about that trick ( I mentioned flattening the
-> generator ), I just thought the command reference of the docs should
-> correctly indicate what is returned ( Generator not list ), or it should
-> return an object implementing the remaining list interfaces ( len, [] ).
-> As it is, one of the first things I tried was to get the link object by
-> subscripting with [] and the length with len, and then had to go and
-> figure out in the shell why that didn't work. Minor inconvenience, but
-> still a less than optimal user experience that could be avoided by a
-> quick correction in the docs.

Iain, you have a nack for finding bugs in my docs ;).  thanks!

-> Thanks for the hard work Titus! I'm really looking forward to the growth
-> of Twill, it's great to have one tool I can use for simple automated
-> browsing with or without the test harness. =)

You're welcome!  Thanks again for finding bugs...

cheers,
--titus