[twill] TypeError: Cannot create MRO

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 21:40:52 PST 2007

> On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 04:37:44AM -0800, Sohrab Sepehri wrote:
> ->  hi,
> ->
> -> i have used your excellent software, twill and i want to thank you about that.
> -> recently when i was playing with twill, i got following error, after i call submit():
>
> [ ... ]
>
> ->     class httperror_seek_wrapper(response_seek_wrapper, response.__class__):
> -> TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
> ->     Cannot create a consistent method resolution
> -> order (MRO) for bases response_seek_wrapper, httperror_seek_wrapper

This is a rare error due to multiple inheritance conflicts (see
http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.3/mro). It happens at class
definition time.  Where is the class httperror_seek_wrapper? Could you
provide module and line number? Which version of twill are you using?
I don't find it in my twill installation.

          Michele Simionato