[twill] TypeError: Cannot create MRO

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Tue Jan 9 11:39:14 PST 2007

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 04:37:44AM -0800, Sohrab Sepehri wrote:
->  hi,
->
-> i have used your excellent software, twill and i want to thank you about that.
-> recently when i was playing with twill, i got following error, after i call submit():

[ ... ]

->     class httperror_seek_wrapper(response_seek_wrapper, response.__class__):
-> TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
->     Cannot create a consistent method resolution
-> order (MRO) for bases response_seek_wrapper, httperror_seek_wrapper
->
-> i can mail you other details as you wish.
-> is this a known problem?
-> the page i try to submit has no submit buttons and
-> it do the submission with 3 buttons which call javascript __doPostBack().
-> should i mention that i have used twill successfully on some other sites before.
->
-> thanks for your attention and before that again for your very nice software: twill.
-> excuse me for my poor english.

Hi, Sohrab,

Sorry for taking so long to respond!

I don't duplicate the error with Python 2.5, even on a page that has no
submit button.  Is the page that you're looking at public?  If so, just
let me know the URL and I can try it out myself.

thanks,