[twill] add_auth

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Tue Sep 19 10:01:25 PDT 2006

On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 05:22:42PM +0200, Lars Stavholm wrote:
-> Hi all, I'm new to twill, and I find it absolutely brilliant!
-> I was up and running some simple web site tests within minutes.
->
-> However, the site I'm testing is a Trac site (http://www.linadd.org)
-> and when using the check_links extension, twill of course tries
-> to login at some point (since there's a login link available).
->
-> I've read the doco and added the add_auth twill command (and yes,
-> I double checked the realm, I even tried with with_default_realm
-> set to true). No joy.

[ ... ]

->
-> It's like the add_auth hasn't done anything.
->
-> I'm not sure what's going on here, but I noticed that the doco
-> says "Basic Auth" whereas we use "Digest Auth". Could that be it?
->
-> Any ideas appreciated.

hi, stava,

I'm glad you like twill!  Yes, the problem is almost certainly that
you're using Digest Auth.  I think this is on the mechanize TODO,
but I can't reach wwwsearch.sf.net to verify this.

Rest assured, however, that the add_auth settings are getting through,
so once digest auth is working... <grin>

cheers,