[twill] add_auth

Lars Stavholm stava at telcotec.se
Tue Sep 19 08:22:42 PDT 2006

Hi all, I'm new to twill, and I find it absolutely brilliant!
I was up and running some simple web site tests within minutes.

However, the site I'm testing is a Trac site (http://www.linadd.org)
and when using the check_links extension, twill of course tries
to login at some point (since there's a login link available).

I've read the doco and added the add_auth twill command (and yes,
I double checked the realm, I even tried with with_default_realm
set to true). No joy.

Here's the input file:
#config with_default_realm True
add_auth "Linux Addons" http://www.linadd.org username password
go http://www.linadd.org
extend_with check_links
check_links www\.linadd\.org

And here's the failure:
Could not follow 1 links
        http://www.linadd.org/login
Oops!  Twill assertion error on line 11 of 'linadd.twill' while executing
  >> check_links www\.linadd\.org
broken links on page
** UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: broken links on page

It's like the add_auth hasn't done anything.

I'm not sure what's going on here, but I noticed that the doco
says "Basic Auth" whereas we use "Digest Auth". Could that be it?

Any ideas appreciated.

/stava