[twill] Problem with file upload using formfile

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Mon Jan 30 10:22:08 PST 2006

On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 05:17:37PM +0530, Pushyamitra Navare wrote:
-> Hi all,
->
-> I was trying to upload a form containing a file and some other values.
-> All values are hidden in the form with some default values, except filename
-> box.I am doing following in a script:
->
-> formfile 1 "filename" "/tmp/test.xml"
-> submit
->
-> After this form gets submitted properly (no exception thrown).
-> But at server side, values are not available in the request.
->
-> Ethereal trace shows that POST data is (slightly) different for twill as
-> compared to firefox/Konqueror. So i think that may be a problem but I am not
-> sure.
->
-> Can you please help me with the problem...
->
-> Thanks
-> Pushyamitra

Hi, Pushyamitra,

as John said on the wwwsearch-list, I'd need to see what the differences
are before I make a guess.  Could you send me the results of the
ethereal trace?

thanks!