[twill] twill 0.8.5 issue

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Fri Aug 25 10:36:55 PDT 2006

On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 06:55:47PM +0300, Marius Ursache wrote:
-> Hello,
->
-> I have the following problem with twill. When I try to run slashdot
-> login example, I get the following error:
->
-> ERROR: HiddenControl instance has no attribute '_click'.
->
-> When I try to login to other pages, I get a similar error message:
->
-> XXXX instance has no attribute '_click'.
->
-> Thanks for help.

Hi, Marius,

try using just 'submit', or else 'submit userlogin'.  The argument to
submit refers to the submit button to use, not to the form.

Thanks for the bug report, though!  I'll take a look at the code to see
where I can be a bit more robust.

cheers,
--titus

-> >>go http://slashdot.org
-> ==> at http://slashdot.org
-> current page: http://slashdot.org
-> >>fv 2 unickname mariusursache
-> current page: http://slashdot.org
-> >>fv 2 upasswd xxxx
-> current page: http://slashdot.org
-> >>submit 2
-> Note: submit is using submit button: name="returnto",
-> value="//slashdot.org/"
->