[twill] BeautifulSoup conflicts

John J Lee jjl at pobox.com
Wed Aug 9 12:41:24 PDT 2006

titus wrote:
[...]
> There's an underlying caching layer that cannot currently be
> manipulated in CPython.  That would be the area to worry about, I think.
> It's certainly caused me problems in the past...

I don't see why that's a problem.

If BeautifulSoup version 2.0.3 is imported as module BeautifulSoup__v2_0_3
from a module of that name in an egg, then that's what it's called as far
as the import system is concerned.  Users can refer to it by whatever name
they desire:

BeautifulSoup = pkg_resources.import("BeautifulSoup>=2, <3")

John