[TIP] Testing executables/programs

André Caron andre.l.caron at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 11:57:32 PST 2019

Hi there,

I have found pexpect (https://pexpect.readthedocs.io/), in combination to
pytest to be quite useful for a similar case.

If you want to do something more fancy such as a DSL to write the example
inputs and outputs without writing Python code for each test, you might
want to take a look at "Working with non-python tests" in the pytest
documentation: https://docs.pytest.org/en/latest/example/nonpython.html.

Cheers,

André