[TIP] Coverage.py 4.1b2: re-written branch measurement

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Jan 29 14:45:40 PST 2016

Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> writes:

> And probably the first! I started using them because Emacs had/has
> some nice navigation shortcuts to move around a file by page. At the
> very first Python workshop at NIST in 1994, I asked Guido if he could
> make Python treat ^L at the beginning of the line as whitespace, and
> he did. You're welcome! :)

I'm simultaneously thankful you did that, and disappointed that it
needed a special request to achieve.

U+000C FORM FEED has been legal whitespace in source code for a great
many languages before Python (C, many Lisps, Modula-3, etc.), including
those from which Python claims inspiration.

--
 \      “Advertising is the price companies pay for being unoriginal.” |
  `\                —Yves Béhar, _New York Times_ interview 2010-12-30 |