[TIP] [OT] PyCon 2015 / The TiP BoF Thread

Terry Peppers peppers at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 09:44:58 PDT 2015

People of The Testing in Python Mailing List!

1. YES, I will be attending PyCon this year.

2. NO, we won't be doing any kind of organized TiP BoF.

So here's the thing. There's a lot of heat out there now. There's a lot of
eyes. There's a lot of scrutiny. I think the very early years of TiP BoF
didn't have this kind of heat and scrutiny. It was like a speakeasy, people
*knew* what would happen and people would come to see the madness of the
BoF.

But now, well ... since the last one we had in Santa Clara ... I've done a
lot of soul searching. And I've come to the conclusion that trying to have
it isn't worth the risk of what could possibly go wrong. And when I think
of the possibilities of what could go wrong, it's amazing that lever wasn't
pulled years ago.

I wrote up a proposal awhile ago about changing it - I still have that
proposal. I haven't had a lot of cycles to implement anything in that
proposal. And, I don't know if I should pursue that proposal.

Here's the thing, I want to take this year to see everyone, take stock of
TiP BoF and then figure out what we do moving forward. I'll be around. I'll
be in the hallways. I'll be snickering in the back. I'll be back on Twitter
for the conference. I'll debate whatever needs debating. I'll make fun of
myself. I'll let you make fun of me.

We can decide what we want to do this year. So ... yeah.

- t.