[TIP] Disable keyboard shortcuts in html coverage reports?

Thomi Richards thomi.richards at canonical.com
Tue Mar 4 17:22:58 PST 2014

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 3:32 AM, Ned Batchelder <ned at nedbatchelder.com>wrote:

> The pypi version is broken as well! I realise I should have made that more
> explicit in my last email - sorry about that.
>
>  The gist I linked to earlier creates a virtualenv and grabs two versions
> from pypi: one that works, one that does not. The conversation about
> bundling js files (or not) is a good one to have, but the bug is present in
> the 'upstream' version on pypi as well.
>
>    I'm trying to understand what has changed to make the behavior
> change.  Something in Trusty?  Does anyone else have Trusty installed that
> can test the behavior?

As discussed on IRC, the root problem here twofold:

   1. coverage, when copying static files to the html report dir will look
   in the system path (/usr/share/javascript) for the files it wants, and will
   prefer those files over the ones it bundles locally.
   2. The jquery-hotkeys JS files that are shipped in trusty have changed,
   and are no longer compatible with coverage.

It seems like the options to fix this are:

   - Make coverage use it's locally bundled files always. I.e.- _never_
   look in /usr/share/javascript
   - Make coverage use it's locally bundled jquery.hotkeys.js file always.
   i.e.- continue to use /usr/share/javascript for other .js files, but
   _never_ for jquery.hotkeys.js
   - Try and roll back the jquery.hotkeys changes in trusty.

The first two would fix the problem for users grabbing coverage from pypi,
but we'd need to remove the distro-patch from the Ubuntu packages (but I
can take care of that). The third option is a bit more dicey - I'm not
convinced that the package is outright broken, merely incompatible with
coverage.

Let me know which solution you prefer, and I'll see if I can fix things up.

Cheers,

--
Thomi Richards
thomi.richards at canonical.com