[TIP] Testing asynchronous method

Pere Martir pere.martir4 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 15:40:57 PDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 9:35 PM, Tom Davis <tom at recursivedream.com> wrote:
>> I'm biased, but I'd strongly recommend using Twisted Trial or
>> something else that already exists.
> Unless you have a technical reason for not being able to depend on Trial (e.g. you literally cannot deploy Twisted), I concur. Trial is great and widely used.

I am actually surprised that testing asynchronous methods is not
addressed in any unit test frameworks (correct me if I am wrong),
given that there are a lot of Python unittest alternatives/extensions
- nose, py.test, etc. Rationale ?

I'd also like to know the other widely used asynchronous unit test framework ?
- Twisted Trial
- tornado.testing
(I miss anything?)

I don't have any experience, anyone ?

PS: I found this question was also asked last November:
http://lists.idyll.org/pipermail/testing-in-python/2010-November/003613.html