[TIP] Tasting the Cheeseshop

Pierre-Yves David pierre-yves.david at logilab.fr
Mon Oct 17 02:55:10 PDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 07:41:58PM -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> I've long had this idea in my head to test all the packages in the Cheeseshop.
> I think it would be cool if we could overlay some sense of which versions and
> implementations of Python a packages is *tested* to be compatible with, and
> make available a general health check of a package's test suite.

Two students worked on such idea during the Google Summer of Code 2011. They
have been quite active discussion about it on the #python-testing IRC channel
but it looks like we totally forget to talk about it on this mailing list. We
are using a dedicated mailing list at pyti at librelist.com [1].

I'm lacking the time to make a proper response but we should definitely join
our effort. You can have a look at the existing docs about PyTi:

    http://pyti.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html

I CC the pyti list to this message in hope than someone will have a bit more
time.

Regards.

--
Pierre-Yves David

http://www.logilab.fr/

[1] Pyti stand for python testing infrastructure.