[TIP] secondary testing tools

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Fri May 6 19:38:54 PDT 2011

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 12:35 AM, Jamu Kakar <jkakar at kakar.ca> wrote:
<snipped>
> For the same reasons that Fred mentions.  'make check' running the
> tests is a long standing tradition.  I guess those of us with a
> background in C programming with the Autotools will find this normal
> and others will find it arbitrary.

Quite a state of flux in these parts it looks?

I see in "Fate of Distutils"
http://tarekziade.wordpress.com/2010/03/03/the-fate-of-distutils-pycon-summit-packaging-sprint-detailed-report/

If you have followed what is going on with packaging since last year,
you might think: “distutils, setuptools, distribute and now distutils2
?, oh no!!!”

I was quite despaired right after the summit. All the work we did
during in the past year would not land into the standard library for
2.7, and all the pre- refactoring work I did, like making the test
coverage decent, was going to be useless for the stdlib.