[TIP] tox-1.1: bug fixes and improved workflow

Alexander Steinert sputnik at termo.net
Mon Jul 11 22:39:56 PDT 2011

holger krekel, Sat 2011-07-09 12:33 CEST:
> The release incorporates a number of bug fixes and an enhanced work
> flow: repeatedly calling tox without increasing version numbers now
> works (by calling pip -U --nodeps).

Great!

> - inline virtualenv.py (1.6.1) script to avoid a number of issues,
>   particularly failing to install python3 environents from a python2
>   virtualenv installation.

That comes with virtualenv not being required by tox anymore and breaks
tox offline usage.

I tried to fix that (and provide a patch for tox) by placing a
virtualenv_support directory (containing {distribute,pip}*.tar.gz) next
to tox/virtualenv.py as done in a vanilla virtualenv installation. It
works (for me) if done directly in an installed tox package. However, I
have trouble creating a tox sdist with package_data: It is packaged into
the sdist but won't be installed from it. In addition, I have no
capacity for testing with the many many Pythons and platforms which tox
supports. Would you even consider putting virtualenv_support into tox?

Regards
Stony