[TIP] tox-1.1: bug fixes and improved workflow
holger at merlinux.eu
Sat Jul 9 03:33:32 PDT 2011
i just released tox-1.1, the virtualenv/test/CI automation tool.
See here for general information and install info:
(which is missing some navigation links at time of sending email)
The release incorporates a number of bug fixes and an enhanced work
flow: repeatedly calling tox without increasing version numbers now
works (by calling pip -U --nodeps).
With this release i consider tox pretty stable and fit for general use.
best & thanks to all contributors,
- fix issue5 - don't require argparse for python versions that have it
- fix issue6 - recreate virtualenv if installing dependencies failed
- fix issue3 - fix example on frontpage
- fix issue2 - warn if a test command does not come from the test
- fixed/enhanced: except for initial install always call "-U
--no-deps" for installing the sdist package to ensure that a package
gets upgraded even if its version number did not change. (reported on
TIP mailing list and IRC)
- inline virtualenv.py (1.6.1) script to avoid a number of issues,
particularly failing to install python3 environents from a python2
- rework and enhance docs for display on readthedocs.org
More information about the testing-in-python