[TIP] tox config format

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Sun Jan 9 06:10:54 PST 2011

On Fri, Jan 07, 2011 at 18:29 -0700, Chris Rose wrote:
> Honestly, putting the configuration in Python would be just fantastic.
> Really. So many problems solved.
>
> Holger, would you be amenable to something that allowed tox to take a
> python module as configuration?

python based configs introduce API and versioning questions and
risk to make things less readable.

When i had custom needs i just wrote a script to generate a tox.ini
file.  From my general hacking experience, having configs spelled out
makes things easier to debug and understand for newcomers.

Anyway, I am not totally opposed to python-configs but rather skeptical.
If somebody offers a patch and/or documentation (i.e. spelling out some
hyptothetical examples) i'll review it and see about including or
helping implementing it.

cheers,
holger