[TIP] [newbie] run nose tests contained in the current emacs buffer

Augie Fackler lists at durin42.com
Thu Aug 4 06:23:44 PDT 2011

On Jul 29, 2011, at 1:25 PM, Tom Roche wrote:

> Tom Roche Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 8:47 PM
>>> nosetests -v   -w nil -c nilsetup.cfg /home/me/code/python/nose/test_me.py
>
> jason pellerin Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 9:09 AM
>> The '-w nil' is the problem -- nose.el is unable to find your
>> project's root directory.
>
> Correct. Note this used an untouched nose.el OOTB from bitbucket.
>
>> By default [nose.el] looks for the root directory by backing up from
>> the file it is given, looking for any of 'setup.py', '.hg' or '.git'.
>> You can modify the files it looks for by modifying nose-project-root-files
>
> That fails for me; details @
> https://bitbucket.org/jpellerin/nosemacs/issue/2/adding-py-to-nose-project-root-files-fails
>
>> or change the way it tests for rootness of a directory by setting
>> nose-project-root-test.
>
> Didn't try that.
>
>> Or just touch setup.py in your project root.
>
> That works.

I just pushed https://bitbucket.org/durin42/nosemacs/changeset/e3adb21e30a5 which adds a helpful error message rather than using nil as the working directory for this kind of problem.

I've bumped the version to 0.1.1 and uploaded it to Marmalade as well, in case you want to use package.el to grab nosemacs.
http://marmalade-repo.org/packages/nose