[TIP] unittest2/nose2: plugin interaction or overrides or ... ?

jason pellerin jpellerin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 06:26:48 PDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 7:41 PM, Michael Foord <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:

> For logging capture, does the new reporting API not make it easy to attach
> extra information to test failure reports?

It makes it easy to attach it, but not so easy to get it back out in
the right place. TextTestResult.printErrorList doesn't look at the
report metadata, so a plugin wanting to add custom output has to
squish it onto the end of report.traceback. It would be nicer and
cleaner if we didn't have to do that, if for instance printErrors and
printErrorList and the report event had direct support for metadata
meant to be printed.

> Maybe it would be helpful to talk on IRC about it sometime.

I'll pop in on IRC this week if I can, work is pretty work-like
lately, though, and time is tight. This makes real-time human
interaction of any kind something of a luxury at the moment...

JP