[TIP] unittest2/nose2: plugin interaction or overrides or ... ?

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Fri Sep 17 11:38:23 PDT 2010

  On 07/09/2010 14:26, jason pellerin wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 7:41 PM, Michael Foord<fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk>  wrote:
>
>> For logging capture, does the new reporting API not make it easy to attach
>> extra information to test failure reports?
> It makes it easy to attach it, but not so easy to get it back out in
> the right place. TextTestResult.printErrorList doesn't look at the
> report metadata, so a plugin wanting to add custom output has to
> squish it onto the end of report.traceback. It would be nicer and
> cleaner if we didn't have to do that, if for instance printErrors and
> printErrorList and the report event had direct support for metadata
> meant to be printed.

But in the end do you want to do anything more complex than attaching
extra information to the end of a traceback? <0.5 wink>

Actually I was already aware that in the new reporting API / events
there was one missing - an event for 'outputting' the individual
reports. I didn't want to add it until I had a concrete use case though.
I guess I just got one.

All the best,

Michael

--