[TIP] Fwd: Bizarre results running Hudson job + CI

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 06:40:50 PDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Olemis Lang <olemis at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Jesse's leaping to conclusions but they're justified -- Olemis, you need
>>> to check to see what the tests respond with when you run them on that
>>> machine by hand.

[...]
>>> Right now you can't tell if it's a Hudson problem (probably
>>> path-related)
>
> BTW I set up an isolated environment using `virtualenv` (AFAICS
> inherits the global `site-packages`) in order to run tests and
> everything else. Could that be the cause of the failure ?

Doesn't seem so . I added a build step like this

{{{
#!sh

./buildenv/$BUILD_NUMBER/bin/python -c "import _multiprocessing; print
'Ok with virtualenv' "
}}}

and I get back

{{{
#!sh

[workspace] $ /bin/sh -xe /tmp/hudson9022753847483842539.sh
+ ./buildenv/27/bin/python -c import _multiprocessing; print 'Ok with
virtualenv'
Ok with virtualenv
}}}

So I assume it works with virtualenv too

>> Is a dead giveaway. That's the error thrown when multiprocessing is
>> missing from core.
>>

> Everything's quite bizarre IMO because previous builds didn't show
> this error (AFAIK) . Besides I added this simple Py script

[...]

I just don't get it.

  - It's not because of the plugin (there's no explicit import
     for multiprocessing)
  - Works with global python 2.6
  - Works with sandbox-ed python 2.6
  - It's not subprocess.call because all other shell commands
     work as expected
  - Shouldn't be Hudson because AFAICS it launches
     a shell to execute commands
  - I downloaded all deps installed in the workspace and
     used `grep -r` to confirm that `multiprocessing` is not
     imported (explicitly)

... so what's all this about ? What kind of ghost is responsible for this ?

:-S

PS: Should have listened the words of THE GOAT ... :-/

        (http://hudson.testrun.org/job/tracrpc-mq/27/console)

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:
TracRpc: API v2: Test cases for XML-RPC ... PASS -
http://bitbucket.org/osimons/trac-rpc-mq/changeset/228ef43726b0/