[TIP] Python Testing book review

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 11:39:53 PST 2010

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 1:57 PM, Grig Gheorghiu <grig.gheorghiu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's a review of the book which resembles my own:
>
> http://mcjeff.blogspot.com/2010/03/review-python-testing-beginners-guide.html
>
> As a side note: it's very easy to be an armchair quarterback and
> criticize somebody else's efforts.

If I was the author I'd take previous suggestions as positive feedback
for the second edition :o)

(/me was talking from my reader | user perspective of course ;o)

In fact, some time ago I mentioned that it would be nice if authors of
different testing frameworks (for Python ;o) or somebody, could join
efforts to write a book introducing the basic concepts and how to use
'em. I was thinking about something like `Game Programming Gems`
series where multiple authors write a chapter about a different
subject (for TiP could be a framework, testing styles, tricks, best
practices, ... )

PS : I prefer feedback like «we don't like this and that because of
the first one I can notice what could be enhanced, learn and I'm
prepared to make it better the next time .

;o)

--
Regards,

Olemis.