[TIP] unittest2: backport of the new features in unittest for Python 2.7

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sun Feb 28 15:49:15 PST 2010

Hello all,

I don't think I announced it properly on this list, so here goes:

In Python 2.7 and 3.2 a whole bunch of improvements to unittest will
arrive. ``unittest2`` is a backport of the new features (and tests)
to work with Python 2.4, 2.5 & 2.6. The major changes include new assert
methods, clean up functions, assertRaises as a context manager, new
command line features, test discovery and the ``load_tests`` protocol.

* The unittest2 Library: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/unittest2
* New and Improved: unittest2 article
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/articles/unittest2.shtml
* Mercurial Development Repository: <http://hg.python.org/unittest2

All the best,

Michael

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/blog

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting and reading this email you agree, on behalf
of your employer, to release me from all obligations and waivers arising
from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licenses, terms-of-service,
shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure,
non-compete and acceptable use policies (”BOGUS AGREEMENTS”) that I have
entered into with your employer, its partners, licensors, agents and
assigns, in perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and
privileges. You further represent that you have the authority to release
me from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.