[TIP] Announce: Pygora 0.0.1

Alfredo Deza alfredodeza at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 13:38:57 PST 2010

After Ned Batchelder's talk in Python I spent a few minutes talking about
how nice it is to have as much (or even more!) test code lines than source
code lines.

I have put together a small script that will count the lines of code in a
given directory and will compare them to your test code lines with a nice
output (e.g. percentage, total lines, lines per file etc...).

Ideally, this could become a plugin for Nose (or py.test), but for now, it
will create an executable symlink so you can run it anywhere.

The project page: http://code.google.com/p/pygora/

I am using distribute to package Pygora, you can install it by:
*
*

*sudo easy_install pygora*

And, if you were not wondering already, the name comes from a *goat*: *Pygora
Goat* is a cross <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossbreeding> between the Pygmy
Goat <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pygmy_goat> and the Angora
Goat<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angora_goat>that produces three
distinct kinds of fleece and has the smaller size of the
Pygmy.
Source: Wikipedia <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pygora_goat>

Pygora could do better in telling what lines to count with a nice regex, but
this first release will get you an idea, enhancements will follow.

Thanks for an awesome an inspiring talk Ned!

--
Alfredo Deza