[TIP] Coverage.py 3.2b1: Branch coverage

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Tue Nov 10 19:32:43 PST 2009

I'm pleased to announce coverage.py v3.2b1, now with branch coverage!

Details are on my blog announcement:
http://nedbatchelder.com/blog/200911/coverage_v32b1_branch_coverage.html

I should mention that the idea for the fundamental technique here came
from Titus at Pycon.  He called it time series analysis, but I'm not
that smart, so I just think of it as tracking what follows what.
Basically, instead of tracking a set of line numbers for each file, we
track a set of pairs of line numbers, so every transition from line to
line is tracked.  Then static analysis of the byte code shows which
transitions are possible. The difference is the missing branches.

Give it a spin, and let me know what you think.

--Ned.
http://nedbatchelder.com