[TIP] twill spring (Re: Everybody wants a pony!)

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 09:15:32 PDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 10:35 AM, C. Titus Brown <ctb at msu.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 11:27:46AM -0400, Douglas Philips wrote:
> -> > The twill sprint ended, and then I stayed up and late and bashed on
> -> > figleaf.
> ->
> -> Did I miss an announcement of a new twill version?
>
> No, we're still working on the bugs -- but we've put a lot of them into
> the issue tracker, here
>
>        code.google.com/p/twill/

It's great to see you working in fixing bugs found in twill and
enhancing it ...

BTW ... I have a question ... I reported an issue here and also in
twill's site [2]_ concerning wsgi_intercept ... the resolution I see
right now is set to wont fix and d explanation is that there are plans
to remove wsgi_intercept ...

My Qs :

- Is it true ?
- There will be another way to do the same way ... isnt it ? Or
wsgi_intercept will be completely banished from twill-land ?
- In case the previos A be «no more wsgi_intercept in twill-land», pls
where can I find a working lib with similar behavior ...

With respect to this specific bug :

- Have you confirmed that the root cause of this issue is related to
wsgi_intercept ? ... in fact the result is :

{{{
>>> go("http://localhost:8001/)
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
 File "c:\program
files\python\2.5\lib\site-packages\twill-0.9-py2.5.egg\twill\commands.py",
line 112, in go
  browser.go(url)
 File "c:\program
files\python\2.5\lib\site-packages\twill-0.9-py2.5.egg\twill\browser.py",
line 122, in go
  raise BrowserStateError("cannot go to '%s'" % (url,))
_mechanize_dist._mechanize.BrowserStateError: cannot go to
}}}

... which (... at least considering the except names ... ) seems to be
an error in the client (not the server intercept ... )  ... This is
just to alert you about a possibly latent issue ... I really couldnt
take a look by myself ... :-/

Good luck ! Happy hacking  ...

.. [1] dont remember now ... but anyway ...

.. [2] wsgi-intercept failed on Windows: while following Greg Gheorgiu's sample
       (http://code.google.com/p/twill/issues/detail?id=7&can=1)

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:
Comandos : Pipe Viewer ... ¿Qué está pasando por esta tubería?