[TIP] [Trac] Re: trac-users - 7 new messages in 2 topics - digest

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 09:10:49 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 7:08 AM, Steve Povilaitis <stevepov at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Date: Sun, May 31 2009 6:52 pm
>> From: Johnny Chang
>>
>> Hello, I just started using trac with svn and it is very nice.  I
>> wanted to implement some build and test automation into it and was
>> looking for these features:
>>
>> -checks out code
>> -builds and checks for errors
>> -runs a test suite (run the executable with various predetermined
>> parameters, checks exit status, logs messages)
>> -allows automatic parsing of log messages
>> -checks in working executable

I'd like to add here «computes and store stats about the project» even
if external tools are needed ;o)

>> Any suggestions are appreciated!
>
> I suggest you take a look at Hudson. Built in integration with Trac,
> Svn, and has plugins available for many build and test automation
> tools. https://hudson.dev.java.net/

I just want to ask something here ... IMHO it's not OT, but if it is,
I hope u dont mind and use TiP list [1]_ instead ;)

- What's the advantage in using Hudson over buildbot, or viceversa ...
- How does Bitten fit in CI ? I mean, if I use Bitten do I still need
(buildbot |
  Hudson ...) or should I just use integration plugins ?
- How stable is Bitten ? Is it ok to try it out right now or should I
wait a little ?

I'm in the process of setting up a CI environment and I'm still
deciding, so I'd really appreciate your feedback and / or suggestions
:)

Thanks in advance !

.. [1] TiP list
        (testing-in-python at lists.idyll.org)

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:
Oracle : por más que engorda sigue subiendo ...  -
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/simelo-es/~3/ndKoYi3D-kg/oracle-por-mas-que-engorda-sigue.html