[TIP] [ANN] - pycoverage.el

Matt Harrison matthewharrison at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 09:32:21 PDT 2009

Hey all-

In the proverbial 'release early, release often', I'm throwing the
start of pycoverage.el over the fence. [0]
pycoverage is (or will be) an emacs mode for reporting on coverage information.

The code is in a (very) nascent state right now.  There's a python
command line program that converts coverage information to a emacs
grokable state.  Then there's some elisp code (borrowed mostly from
rcov) for the emacs mode implementation.  (The result of a few hours
of hacking last night).  If you have a .coverage file in your home
directory it will parse it and put up a buffer with showing the lines
that were covered.  Obviously that's a little backwards, it should
spit out the lines that weren't covered, but it's a start.  Figleaf
support should be easy (working on coverage.py right now), after I get
the kinks worked out.

If you are interested in this or have ideas that you think would be
cool, let me know, or fork my github project and hack away.  There's a
TODO list in the README.  Contributions, comments and patches are
always welcome!

For those who aren't emacs users, if your editor does/doesn't support
coverage, how does it (or should it) do it?  What features are nice?

cheers,

-matt

0 - http://panela.blog-city.com/ann_pycoverageel.htm