[TIP] Collision or overlapping with distutils test commands ? WAS: ANNOUNCE: pyjunitxml

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 06:13:23 PDT 2009

At this moment I'm going to ask something, (considering Matt's very
accurate reply - Thnx ! ) ...

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 11:18 PM, Matt Good<matt at matt-good.net> wrote:
> On Aug 12, 2009, at 11:49 AM, Kumar McMillan wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Olemis Lang<olemis at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>

> The <python:distutils command="unittest"> command invoke's Bitten's
> extension of setuptools' "setup.py test" command[1],

Does this mean that Bitten hides setuptools `test` command ?

About this (especially if that's true) I've always been thinking that
there's probably (I'm not very sure that's why I'm asking ;) some
overlapping with `test` commands. I mean, e.g. `bdist` commands do not
overlap since you can use a suffix in order to select the one you want
(e.g. bdist_egg, bdist_rpm ...). OTOH with testing tools & framews it
seems (CMIIW pls ) that everybody implements `test` command directly.

For example it would be nice to have cmds like `test_bitten`,
`test_nose`, `test_pytest`, `test_xxx` useful to select the test
runner &| framework carrying out the test.

I'd like to know if it's just my impression ? What d'u think about that ?

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/